Trouble Shooting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last year I installed 3 RAB outdoor wallpack lights (wp2h150qt),. They were installed across the front of a store front,shortly after the customer calls and says the one in the middle keeps going out. I went back checked my connections and everything looked good. I then called RAB and explained the situation to their tech and he said it's a bad lamp . I changed the lamp never heard from customer until recently and they said that it still was doing the same thing this whole time . Now before I go back there has anyone ever had experience with this before and does anyone think it may be a bad ballast.

LarryFine

Master Electrician Electric Contractor Richmond VA
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
If you have power coming in, and a good bulb doesn't work, it's a ballast component (or socket, or other misc. part).

If you have power coming in, and a good bulb doesn't work, it's a ballast component (or socket, or other misc. part).

Larry it goes on with the other two but then turns off after a while and won't go back on. But the next day the same thing. I told the tech about this and he swears it is the bulb, the bulb has been changed and it still does the same thing.

aaatraker

Its the ballast, try switching around the lamps from the fixtures that work, will see same thing if its ballast. Here is a link that might help. .prolighting.com/hidtroubleshoot/troubleshooting.pdf Also advance ballast has good info
Kurt
Kurt

LarryFine

Master Electrician Electric Contractor Richmond VA
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
What else could it be?

2202254526_c67d27559c.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.