Troubleshooting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Electric medic

I installed a new square D 20 amp breaker. Ran 12/2 to j box. I have 2 branches coming out also 12/2 (power going to light) ran 12/2 to switch using neutral as a hot leg. Did the same for the second branch. My problem is once I flip the breaker on it shoots a spark spray and Trips that breaker and also the main disconnect 4 times. Inspected all wires with tight splices no shorts no nicks in Romex when pulling. What could be the cause of this?!? I’m an electrical student so I’m not well versed in troubleshooting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Little Bill

Staff member
Occupation
Semi-Retired Electrician
We are glad you are a student trying to learn the trade. However, you are not far enough along to be taking on a task like this. You need to work with a Journeyman or Master for a while before attempting something that could get you or someone else hurt. It seems what you created is a dead short. You need to hire an electrician to do this until you have more training.
I have to close this thread since you are just a student and we are not allowed to help with what basically is DIY work.

Status
Not open for further replies.