troublesoot help

Status
Not open for further replies.

mjf

Just trimmed out house. Installed 2 identical bathroom vent/florescent lamp/ night light combo units. Both units are wired identically. In 1 unit the florescent lamp cuts off after a short time (30 seconds to a minute and a half). Switched out the two florescent lamps and the same unit does the same thing, ruling out a bad lamp. Do I need to replace the ballast?

Any thoughts/ideas/experience with this type of situation.

Thanks in advance.

mcclary's electrical

Just trimmed out house. Installed 2 identical bathroom vent/florescent lamp/ night light combo units. Both units are wired identically. In 1 unit the florescent lamp cuts off after a short time (30 seconds to a minute and a half). Switched out the two florescent lamps and the same unit does the same thing, ruling out a bad lamp. Do I need to replace the ballast?

Any thoughts/ideas/experience with this type of situation.

Thanks in advance.
Does it have a thermistor?

mjf

If a thermistor cuts off w/ too much heat, than I don't believe it has a thermistor, will check paperwork on Monday.

will check the line side on monday....was end of the day when I powered everything up!!

Last edited:

mjf

follow up

follow up

turned out to be a bad ballast from the factory. Swapped it out and problem is solved.

Thanks all

Status
Not open for further replies.