Truly wireless 3 way switch

Status
Not open for further replies.

nizak

Need help!

I need to get 3 way switching in a location that it's totally impossible to run wires between switches.

What I currently have is an existing switch location at the top of the steps with a hot, and neutral in the box and a 2 conductor NM cable to the fixture.
Im looking for a product that will enable me to make this a 3 way set up with a remote switch added at the stairs bottom.

I do not need any dimming or other "smart home" features in this.

Just basic on/off , as if it were a conventional hard wired 3 way.

Any recommendation on a product that will do this??

Everything I've found so far has features that are not needed nor wanted in this particular install.

Thanks much!

Little Bill

Staff member
Occupation
Semi-Retired Electrician
Yes a Pico switch along with a Lutron RF switch. You can get this in just an on/off, no dimmer. The Casetta (also Lutron) also has this type with just on/off.
You would need the RF switch, a Pico remote switch, and a wall bracket for the Pico.

Little Bill

Staff member
Occupation
Semi-Retired Electrician
Thanks to all!

You may can find these locally, especially at the Big Box stores. But if not, go to www.1000bulbs.com and do a search for "Lutron RF switch", " PICO remote", and "Pico wall bracket" or even Amazon.com
You can put the Pico in a box and not need the bracket. The bracket is for mounting the Pico directly to the wall. Then you can use a Decora wall plate over it and it looks just like a box mounted switch.

GoldDigger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired PV System Designer
This is also, if it is a desired feature, the only way I know to have a multiple way switch and be able to control dimming from each one.

curt swartz

Electrical Contractor - San Jose, CA
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
You may can find these locally, especially at the Big Box stores. But if not, go to www.1000bulbs.com and do a search for "Lutron RF switch", " PICO remote", and "Pico wall bracket" or even Amazon.com
You can put the Pico in a box and not need the bracket. The bracket is for mounting the Pico directly to the wall. Then you can use a Decora wall plate over it and it looks just like a box mounted switch.

FYI....You kind of have that backwards. You need the bracket if you want to mount the PICO to a box. If you just want to stick the PICO to the wall without a plate then you don't need the bracket. The plastic back piece even includes double sided tape.

Status
Not open for further replies.