Turning a single lug into a double

Status
Not open for further replies.

paulengr

The counter argument to that is the manufacturer likely has a list of "approved" lugs. They probably don't say, "use any lug you want.". I don't have a problem with it, and do it all the time I'm just saying what some of these inspectors say.

So if I put a pigtail in it then connect another lug what is the difference? Some manufacturers don’t even supply lugs unless you order them. For instance in the large LSIS motor circuit protectors they come default with studs only for crimp lugs. You have to order them with mechanicals or buy the stupidly expensive conversion kit.

So if I put a pigtail in it then connect another lug what is the difference? Some manufacturers don’t even supply lugs unless you order them. For instance in the large LSIS motor circuit protectors they come default with studs only for crimp lugs. You have to order them with mechanicals or buy the stupidly expensive conversion kit.

Yes around here milbank class 320 and multi gang sockets do not come with lugs. They do give a list of specific lugs to use however.

Status
Not open for further replies.