Two #2 AWG wires on 1 breaker hole?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kwired

Electron manager
That was my first though and I went to the Ilsco web site also. I is a distribution blockof sorts.
But then he says "but the whole thing is metal, just like a bolt on lug." which leads me to believe that it is bolted to the breaker where a terminal would be bolted. That Ilsco block is cable in cable out. But that's what I first thought it was also.

What I posted a link for is not an insulated terminal block. It is all metal. the rod like device on one end is not a field installed conductor it is permanently attached to the block. You use it to add multiple conductors to a termination that only accepts one. (I think they are more commonly used and maybe even intended to be used to connect to pole mount type transformers) but I have seen them used in disconnect switches and other enclosures. Most of the time you are only going to use a two conductor version as there will not be space to make it practical to have anymore conductors than that in a typical disconnect switch that was originally designed for one conductor per terminal in the first place.

OP may not have this same device as I posted link to but am guessing something similar. I have seen something like that with just a flat tang to put into device it is connected to also - usually has been on older equipment where I have seen them though.

Status
Not open for further replies.