Under Cabinet LED Strip Lighting

Status
Not open for further replies.

J R

I usually install LED fixtures like kitchler for under cabinet lighting but this time the client wants led strip lighting. The client did purchase UL product like i told them. They purchased 60 watt 24 volt driver for the longest strip that is 8 feet at 5 watt per foot = 40 watts thats 1.7 amps. I told them to have the supplier provide the wire we need from the driver to the strip light for us, I think the supplier provided 22 Gauge class 2 wire it could be 18 but not sure untill saturday. My question is the driver will be about 12 to 15 feet away. I have 18-2 class 2 and 16-2 class 3p left over from another jobs, because the driver is 12 feet to 15 feet away I am thinking I should use the 16-2 gauge CL3P to be safe or would 18-2 be OK.

J R

Well Electricalist now you have me nervous. It is probably only 12 ft away but of course the supplier said it is ok and as usual and the manufacturer doesn't call back. But I did find some 14-4 CL3 left over from another job that was used for speakers i think.

electricalist

Don't get nervous, I'm no LED expert.
If we have the driver above a cabinet. Then run 12-2 nm either down to uc and or to above cab on another wall
@ 25 or so ft they would blink. Parallel fixed it but the lengths of the run should be the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.