Uninterrupted Power Supply demolition

Status
Not open for further replies.

pdemapan

There is a 50 kVa single module uninterrupted poewr supply with battery cabinet and maintenance bypass panel the we are planning to demo. I was asked to come up with an estimate on the price of such work. I was thinking about downloading a demo software for estimating like electrical bid manager and seeing what price they gave. I always seem to get great answers on this site though and would love to know what you all thought. Any suggestions or comments? Thanks guys.

Rewire

How will you get them out of the building ? We removed an old system that was very heavy which required us to lay plywood over the floor. We also did it after hours because of building use.

pdemapan

not really limited to a down time. just was concerned with man hours and overall cost for the size listed above. just want some input from more experienced estimators. thanks

It depends :D. I used to work on a 20kva UPS that was two 36" cabinets bolted together plus a 20' string of glass-jar batteries. Since you mention a battery cabinet, I assume it has sealed batteries, but they're probably bolted in. Are there obvious forklift slots in the base? How big is it, actually?

Just as a WAG, I'd guess one person could have it safely disconnected and broken into managable pieces in only a couple of hours. Getting them out of wherever they are is another game. Have you contacted the manufacturer for it's aproximate weight? With that, you can get a price from a rigger to move it, if needed.

wireguru

Are you just removing it, or do you get to dispose of it too? If the UPS can disapear, disconnect it and sell it to one of the used ups places and let them come get it, make sure everyone has insurance and pocket the cash :grin:

techntrek

Are you just removing it, or do you get to dispose of it too? If the UPS can disapear, disconnect it and sell it to one of the used ups places and let them come get it, make sure everyone has insurance and pocket the cash :grin:

I was going to suggest something similar. If its a working UPS and you get the salvage rights, definitely make some extra $ by reselling it. There are many of that size on ebay...

pdemapan

i used the means for a 50 kVA UPS demolition. About 9.6 labor hours. does this include the battery cabinets, and maintenance bypass panel? Or does the means price it separate. Could not find demo work for the cabinets and bypass panel. I don't have the salvage rights. although selling the battery would be a great idea!!

nakulak

just give them a price to demo the whole building, and throw in the ups system for free (can't take more than a few sticks of dynomite)

Status
Not open for further replies.