Used hot tub - Gfci problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

iwire

Staff member
He is saying that a gfi at the tub and not in the panel would eliminate the wiring from panel to tub disconnect as the culprit. But I thik we have decided it is in the tub already.

If the wiring from the panel to the tub is tripping the GFCI I would think the correct thing would be to fix the wiring. :grin::grin:

BMacky

I agree with Dennis. The heater was bad in one I recently troubleshot. Just disco'd the leads in the control panel. Had another with a bad "Ozonenater". A lot of the external components have modular plugs in the control panel , so just disconnect things one at a time until you find the one that avoids the tripping at start-up.

The tub tech should have been the one to figure that out.

Happy New Year!

boboelectric

Process of elemination. From the sound of it the guy will have more in a used hot tub than if he would have if he bought a new one to start with. Like a freind told me this morning his father-in-law is driveing two hours one way to pick up 12 cinder block from him. Just to keep from buying them at the local supply place. 200miles @ 20 miles/gal= 10 gal/gas * $3.00per= $30.00 12 block @ $1.65ea= $19.80 Real saver:-?

Sometimes you need a reason to drive that far to visit relatives you don't go to see because they are "Too Far"!

Status
Not open for further replies.