Using existing 20A circuit to install bathroom heater

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hazard

New User
Hi everyone,
I’ve been considering the idea of replacing my bathroom fan/vent with with heater/vent combo.

The requirement for this is a 20A circuit, but I’m not willing to spend the cost or effort it will take to run a new 12/2 wire from the basement.

What I do have is an existing 20A that’s dedicated to the whirlpool jets (non heating).

Would it be an issue to share this circuit between the whirlpool and the heater? I wouldn’t expect to use both units at the same time, and if I understand right, the jets don’t use many watts.
The vent/heater is a Panasonic Whisperwarm. It uses 1400W and requires a 20A circuit.

Thanks for taking the time to read this. Hope what I’m trying to do is possible, otherwise I may have to forget about the heater idea.

ActionDave

Chief Moderator
Staff member
Durango, CO, 10 h 20 min from the winged horses.
Occupation
Licensed Electrician
I am closing this thread, in accordance with the Forum Rules.

This site is designed for: Contractors, Electricians, Engineers, Inspectors, Instructors, other electrically related individuals

* This NEC Forum is for those in the electrical and related industries. Questions of a "How-To" nature by persons not involved in the electrical industry will be removed without notice. If you feel this action to be in error, feel free to contact me via PM to explain.

Status
Not open for further replies.