Using water hydrant for GES?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sw_ross

The shop building I'm roughing in has water but not metal supply water line to a bathroom area.
It does however have a water hydrant that you can hook up a hose to in a different location of the shop. This supply is ~1" steel that is sleeved wher it comes through the slab.
I didn't see it get installed, but they usually go down about 5-6' so it doesn't fall into the 250.52(A)(1) requirement of being in contact with earth 10' or more.

This isn't the main water supply, but it is "a water supply".
Any thoughts about this being required to be used for GES? I'm thinking it doesn't count.

NE (9.06 miles @5.9 Degrees from Winged Horses)
Occupation
EC - retired
The shop building I'm roughing in has water but not metal supply water line to a bathroom area.
It does however have a water hydrant that you can hook up a hose to in a different location of the shop. This supply is ~1" steel that is sleeved wher it comes through the slab.
I didn't see it get installed, but they usually go down about 5-6' so it doesn't fall into the 250.52(A)(1) requirement of being in contact with earth 10' or more.

This isn't the main water supply, but it is "a water supply".
Any thoughts about this being required to be used for GES? I'm thinking it doesn't count.

It does not meet the requirements for a GES, than it is not one. It does not count.

Status
Not open for further replies.