Utah ME code exam... so close. Technically, not even close.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sparkyrob

I recently took the Utah Master Electrician exam- Code portion, and am wishing I would've studied several areas more extensively. I don't have any study material for the areas I bombed, and I'm hoping someone has some recommendations. The areas that I need to improve on are:

Fire and Intrusion Detection & Alarm systems
Low Voltage & Communication circuits
? and surprisingly Lighting & General Use Equipment...not sure what happened on this area, seems like it'd be a slam dunk

I got a score of 70%, needed 75%. I scored 90% on General Knowledge, 100% on Raceways & Enclosures, 100% on Special Occupancies, 80% on OCP, 87% on Grounding & Bonding, so I feel like I'm close, but I need some good material.

I saw Mike Holts system has a low voltage section, or a Limited Energy and Communication systems, rather. I felt like I was really struggling with Hazardous locations, Fire Alarm, Power Limited, etc. I also did poorly with State Law, next time I'll actually print that one off and read it, :D:D

I appreciate your input & recommendations.
Thanks!

hone

New User
The prep course was really helpful in my case as I'd been out of school for a while by then. In fact it was actually an enjoyable refresher.

honey

Sparkyrob

The prep course was really helpful in my case as I'd been out of school for a while by then. In fact it was actually an enjoyable refresher.

honey
I actually have the 2005 NEC program from Mike Holt, however, I don't think I have all the dvd's. I bought the system years ago, and I'm sure I've misplaced some of the dvds over the years. I was a little reluctant to re-invest & buy the whole system, and I wasn't sure how comprehensive the "Limited energy & Communication" dvd that Mike Holt offers is. I have no doubt that if I were to order the whole program, all the necessary info would be covered. I have thoroughly enjoyed going through the system again. It's fun to see how some of the info makes sooo much more sense to me now, compared to when I was first learning it as an apprentice, or even doing some of the brush up for my Journeyman exam back in '03.

Status
Not open for further replies.