Vapor proof lights

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doing a walk in cooler box Running emt from switch to junction box. Then out of j box to first light Which is fine. Everything is bonded and equipment ground is installed. Now between the next three lights we are running emt. But the vapor proof lights are plastic. Do we need a bonding bushing to bond the pipe. Or is over thinking it???

hillbilly1

Occupation
Owner/electrical contractor
I used that type on a hydroponics greenhouse, same thing, bond bushing on one end of each piece of emt. Technically, the manufacture called fo non metallic flex because the ko’s are cantered, so I had to put a slight kick on the end to go straight in. Flex and pvc would have looked butt ugly! Especially after a while in a hot green house!

I used that type on a hydroponics greenhouse, same thing, bond bushing on one end of each piece of emt. Technically, the manufacture called fo non metallic flex because the ko’s are cantered, so I had to put a slight kick on the end to go straight in. Flex and pvc would have looked butt ugly! Especially after a while in a hot green house!
Yeah. Flex looks ugly. I used the brackets that keep it off the ceiling about a inch. Can’t think of their name at moment. But the emt went right in and loos great. Thanks for the input

Status
Not open for further replies.