Vertical stacked switch boxes, how to run NM to bottom of the 2?

Status
Not open for further replies.

shelzmike

New User
Occupation
Infratructure Analyst
I have tried searching for the answer, but am either thinking too hard or not using correct search terms.

I have a 2 gang box (2 switches) and a single gang box appropriately spaced, but directly vertically above the dual gang box. My line is coming in from the top plate down. What is the best way to get the nm Into the bottom 2 gang box? It should be noted, these are 2 different circuits (one for each box) too is a thermostat for a 240v baseboard heater and the bottom is for standard switches.

If I route it behind the top box, it will be far too close to the opposite wall and is no good. I could go around the outside edge (opposite of stud side) but don't know it that is the best way.

Little Bill

Staff member
Occupation
Semi-Retired Electrician
I am closing this thread, in accordance with the Forum Rules.

This site is designed for:

• Contractors
  • Electricians
  • Engineers
  • Inspectors
  • Instructors
  • Other electrically related individuals

* This NEC Forum is for those in the electrical and related industries. Questions of a "How-To" nature by persons not involved in the electrical industry will be removed without notice.
If you feel this action to be in error, feel free to contact me via PM to explain.

A reminder to all members, if you see a questionable post, feel free to report it by clicking the “Report” icon at the bottom left corner of the post.

Status
Not open for further replies.