VFD Automation Direct GS2-25P0 Trouble

Learn the NEC with Mike Holt now!
Status
Not open for further replies.

Skalawag

Occupation
Retired Nuc
It shows power.... keypad display lit and indicates H0.0....no response to motor...no keypad buttons or speed control response - all dead...all control wires removed...just a simple connection... Would appreciate council... Thanks

Jraef

Moderator, OTD
Staff member
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
I don't know specifics on the AutomationDestruct drives, but do they have an "Enable / Safety" input that needs to be jumpered in order to function? That's fairly common now.

If there is no Enable / Safety Stop jumper, I would look at your Command Source programming, i.e. you are thinking it is in Keypad control when in fact it is looking for input closures on the terminal block, or serial communications control.

Which brings up another issue: Was this a used drive? If so, I always suggest doing a factor Reset to default settings, because you never know what someone else may have done.

Last edited:

Skalawag

Occupation
Retired Nuc
Much Thanks 4 your reply.... I borrowed a keypad and reset all to factory defaults.... the loaner keypad was able to access all settings on VFD... ...keypad of mine is still unable to control VFD.... I conclude keypad is shot!!... VFD is good.... will set it 4 remote control.... Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.