vision estimating software

Status
Not open for further replies.

KD4315

How big is your shop? What kind of jobs and how big are the jobs that you do? This will play a huge part in the kind or level of estimating software you purchase.

ryarp

If you're interested in an extended free trial, I'd be interested in letting you test drive codesignapp.com in exchange for feedback. I built it for the low-voltage and AV industry, but it works for any service-based business that installs and/or sells products. I'd love to have an honest opinion for it's use in electrical.

Send me a private message if you're interested and I'd love to give you a walk through.

Ryan

Big Jerm

Ive been busy

Ive been busy

I opperate a small shop and would like to start bidding on some small commercial projects, (single office, fastfood resturant, small stuff.) I would like to have a easy to use system and be able to use on screen take off to. I think vision is the way to go but would like to hear from some one who has experience and is not byest for whatever reason.

cdslotz

I used Vision for years. Our service dept still uses their T&M module.
Vision is by far the cheapest professional system out there, that I know of.
Vision has takeoff "modules" that can be customized. They have a site, fixtures, distribution, fixtures, devices, systems, branch wiring, feeders, which are very intuitive and you can do direct input from takeoff. You can see your takeoff on the audit trail.
It also prints really nice fixture count sheets and distribution bill of materials for quotes.
The bid summary is nice to. It flags you when you have a quote you have not entered.
It's been a while since I have used it, so I'm sure they have some new features.
the only problem I had was the the audit trail was not real good at cutting and pasting. It would sometimes get corrupted, but maybe they fixed that.
Good luck

FrancisDoody

We have been using Conest for years. A very good program. However, The new program that we have been using is called Turbo Bid. We use it on a lot of estimates. Commercial or residential it is easy to use. Labor rates are realistic. I think that if you want to standardise your pricing and not leave extra money on the table use this program. Presentation is so important now a days with Turbo Bid You have a finished professional bid you can print and email quickly. You will be able to make up assemblies in no time at all. I am really impressed with this program. Support is top notch as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.