voltage drop calaulation for 1phase external cable

Status
Not open for further replies.
My namne is JOHN PHILIP, as an asst. elect. designer, working in a contracting companey in Dubai, UAE.

My question is that,

I have a 1phase feedar, that is connected to 12Nos. external 4Mtr. pole light.Each ploe light have 400W lamp. distance between each pole light is 22Mtrs. DB to 1st pole is 110Mtrs. What is the woltage drop calculation on the 3rd light point.

Thanks for your cooperation,

Yours trully,

JOHN PHILIP

(Moderator?s Note: Edited to remove email address. If you wish to send an email message to this person, then first send a Private Message via this Forum, and ask for the email address.)

[ April 27, 2004, 11:03 AM: Message edited by: charlie b ]

bphgravity

Re: voltage drop calaulation for 1phase external cable

Some more information will be needed in order to properly assist you with this question.

What is the nominal voltage of the circuit?

What is meant my 12Nos? Do you mean there are 12 light poles in total or that they have been connected to number 12 wire?

Basically, the voltage drop at the third pole will be determined by the loads and resistances downline from the third pole. :)

charlie b

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Engineer
Re: voltage drop calaulation for 1phase external cable

If you go to Mike Holt's home page (the link should appear at the top left corner of this page), you can find your way to a free voltage drop calculator.

Status
Not open for further replies.