Wadsworth 100 amp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oakey

I have a customer who has a Wadsworth 100 amp main panel. I was wondering if there are issues with Wadsworth similar to Federal panels. Basically its a retired gent who wants to sell the house and wants to avoid inspection headaches. When a house is sold (usually) the Federal is recommended to be ripped out, is there a similar issue with these? Thank you

rootboy

They haven't lost their UL rating have they? And they would have to go a long, long, way to be as bad as an FPE panel (Fiery Piece of Equipment).

jrclen

Oakey said:
I have a customer who has a Wadsworth 100 amp main panel. I was wondering if there are issues with Wadsworth similar to Federal panels. Basically its a retired gent who wants to sell the house and wants to avoid inspection headaches. When a house is sold (usually) the Federal is recommended to be ripped out, is there a similar issue with these? Thank you

This summer I replaced a 60 amp 2 pole Wadsworth breaker for a hot tub. That puppy cost $99. It is an after market part, and evidently, they charge what they can. This customer has 2 100 amp panels. One for general circuits and one for electric heating circuits on a separate meter. I recommended swapping them out if there was more trouble. I haven't heard of any particular problems, nor have I seen any, with Wadsworth panels. They are common around my area, along with PushMatic. I would not replace one to sell a house.

haskindm

To my knowledge, Wadsworth Panels had a pretty good reputation when they were widely available. My only concern now would be the availability of breakers. Otherwise, they are good quality equipment.

jrclen

haskindm said:
To my knowledge, Wadsworth Panels had a pretty good reputation when they were widely available. My only concern now would be the availability of breakers. Otherwise, they are good quality equipment.

Milbank has been manufacturing a replacement for Wadsworth. According to this article, they will stop. But Connecticut Electric will step up to the plate to make them. As you can see, they are expensive. I agree, Wadsworth was good equipment.

http://www.aplussupply.com/break/wad/wad.htm

sguinn

haskindm said:
You can get just about anything off of e-bay!:grin:

Status
Not open for further replies.