Wago Lever Nuts to the Rescue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Little Bill

Staff member
Occupation
Semi-Retired Electrician
I like Wago Lever Nuts and use them a lot for lighting. Today I found I like them even more. I had to hang a floodlight on the corner of a house and it was hard to get a ladder exactly where I needed it. I was only able to use one hand most of the time. I couldn't figure out how I was going to hold the light up while installing the wirenuts. Then I thought of the Lever Nuts. I clamped the Lever Nuts on the light conductors and left the lever up on the other port. I then was able to insert the power conductors and flip the lever down. They are strong enough to hold the light till you can get another hand on it!

Little Bill

Staff member
Occupation
Semi-Retired Electrician
My SH carried a few models then stopped stocking them. I ordered these in an assortment pack. My favorite use for them was for extending short wires in the back of a box that would be near impossible to get a wirenut on. Now my favorite use is as I described in the OP.

Fred B

Occupation
Electrician
My SH carried a few models then stopped stocking them. I ordered these in an assortment pack. My favorite use for them was for extending short wires in the back of a box that would be near impossible to get a wirenut on. Now my favorite use is as I described in the OP.

They're great for connecting stranded fixture wire to solid conductors, way better than trying to spin on nuts stranded always want to slide away. And like you I haven't figured out a way one handed on a ladder to twist on a wirenut. They also have a testing port so you can meter without removing. Just wish was more readily available and not as expensive.

James L

Occupation
Electrician
I've been thinking about lever nuts for temporary tie-thru of circuits on remodel projects. They always want lights powered up, and I like the idea of feeding through with something re-usable. Also need the wires stay straight. That way they aren't compromised when I undo the connection to stab the wires into the backs of the receptacles 😎

gadfly56

Occupation
Professional Engineer, Fire & Life Safety
I've been thinking about lever nuts for temporary tie-thru of circuits on remodel projects. They always want lights powered up, and I like the idea of feeding through with something re-usable. Also need the wires stay straight. That way they aren't compromised when I undo the connection to stab the wires into the backs of the receptacles 😎
Hah! I see what you did there...;)

Todd0x1

I have found the lever nuts are also perfect for applications where you need to connect finely stranded wire like in SO cord to building wiring for example cord drops. They work much better on the finely stranded wire than wire nuts do.

James L

Occupation
Electrician
I have found the lever nuts are also perfect for applications where you need to connect finely stranded wire like in SO cord to building wiring for example cord drops. They work much better on the finely stranded wire than wire nuts do.
I was wishing I had some lever nuts yesterday. I installed a bath fan/light combo it had only about 5 cubic inches of makeup space. Then, it had separate neutral leads for the light and the fan, and every lead had a to Port push in connector on the tinned ends. So there were five leads altogether, and they were about 9 in long.

I had to cut the neutrals off in order to connect to the one neutral from my 14/3. A wire nut was quite a bit larger than a 3-port Wago. It would have been nice to cut off about half of the length of the hots and ground, but then I would be forced to use wire nuts because you can't push in a finely stranded wire. I was just wishing I had some lever nuts

Status
Not open for further replies.