Walker RFB4 floor box question

Status
Not open for further replies.

bbaumer

I'm looking at specifying these boxes on a project I am currently working on:

rfbb.jpg

I plan on daisy-chaining both the power and the comm wiring conduits from box to box to box with multiple floor boxes being used.

The literature says "Feed through from adjacent or opposite compartments only, (not cross compartments)."

This is a 4 compartment box so I am not understanding this. Wouldn't opposite compartments be the same as cross compartments? Any compartment has 2 adjacent compartments and one opposite compartment in this 4 compartment X or + shaped box depending on how you look at it so what do they mean?

Thanks,
bbaumer

Last edited:

bbaumer

To clarify, what I want to do is run a 1 1/4" conduit for data wiring in/out of of of the compartments with the 1 1/4" hubs from box to box to box and run the power in a 3/4 in on side of the adjacent compartment and out the opposite side. 2 duplex receps opposite one another, one data compartment and one blanked off compartment.

Is this possible with this box?

Last edited:

cadpoint

I don't know about your device, But I've been dancing on this floor for too Long, Computer Environments Inc.

There slip down box has its two recepticles end to end on their side and the other side has 2 phone or data avaiable. They have many models of their inserts for devices, and can be seen in the pack of Eight photo's at the bottom of page.

It seems there page is still under construction and seems to be lacking to say the least http://www.ceifloor.com/

This was with lenght to suit (layout) of 1/2" flex to layin device I ran 1" on minor Tele/data combinations and 1.1/4" on main HR's

Last edited:

cadpoint

The concrete guy and the specific height can get crazy the floor was less than 3" total down to 2.5" Clear work space. It's been a long slow creative process and included conduit for the other side of the 17.5K space.
Then the design to add insult, put the electric room next to the area, but made the concrete edge the end of the raise floor, at the wall!
The wall then had a 14" void then the electrical room??????
http://www.fuqua.duke.edu/about/construction/catalog/images/album/plantwojpg.html
The brown area, dancing with the stars ain't got nothing on me

tyha

we just installed 12 per floor on a 5 story high school. all your like device are to the left. they have a plate that comes down and seperates them. They come with 1 -1/4 and 3/4 hubs. once you use one hub you can come out with the same thing (power or data) to the left and so on for the other side.

Status
Not open for further replies.