Walkin cooler

Status
Not open for further replies.

hhsting

Occupation
Junior plan reviewer
I have walkin cooler that has condensor unit on roof feeding evaporator in the walkin cooler. All on one circuit. The fan motor is 1/15, qty 2, eva fan amps is 6 and whole thing is powered by 208v three phase.

I have condensor unit on roof with disco. Do I need disco at the evaporator? Yes then where in code is it nec 2014 422.31 or 430 or 440?

Sent from my SM-G935U using Tapatalk

hhsting

Occupation
Junior plan reviewer
Quote:
Nec 2014 430.109(b): For stationary motors of 1/8 HP or less, branch circuit overcurrent device shall be permitted to serve as the disconnecting.

Nec 2014 430.109(c): For stationary motors rated at 2 hp or less and 300 volts or less, the disconnecting means shall be permitted to be one of the devices specified in (1), (2), or (3)

(1) A general use switch having an ampere rating not less than twice the full load current rating of the motor.

(2) On ac circuits, a general use snap switch suitable only for use on ac (not general use ac dc snap switches) where the motor full load current rating is not more than 80 percent of the ampere rating switch.

(3) A listed manual motor controller having a horsepower rating not less than rating of the motor and marked "Suitable as Motor Disconnect".

Unquote.

No where it says within sight but Nec 2014 Article 430.102 Location says disconnect within sight so which one is it. Its confusing between the articles 430.102 and 430.109(B)(C).

Status
Not open for further replies.