watt stopper occ. sensor problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems like I always fight these things. I have a bz 150 power pack and a dt 300 sensor. Worked fine after install. Went 2 days later , complaint the lights were staying on. Long story short trouble shot it and replaced sensor. Worked then quit. Trouble shot replaced power pack worked fine 15 cycles stayed on again. Are these junk ?

GoldDigger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired PV System Designer
If this is a 300 watt rated sensor, is that for a resistive or incandescent light load only?
Your 150 watt non-linear load may be more than the sensor can handle.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

kwired

Electron manager
Is there HVAC air outlet too close to the unit and it is sensing the air movement? or other items being overlooked that it is possibly sensing?

Turned sesitivity down on passive infrared and ultra sonic. Leds were not flashing indicating it was picking anything up and won't go off on test mode. Replaced and it worked fine for 15 cycles then quit. Its not overloaded and has proper voltage. ??? Static? Magnetic field ? Ghost ?

kwired

Electron manager
Turned sesitivity down on passive infrared and ultra sonic. Leds were not flashing indicating it was picking anything up and won't go off on test mode. Replaced and it worked fine for 15 cycles then quit. Its not overloaded and has proper voltage. ??? Static? Magnetic field ? Ghost ?

Does motion cause LED to cycle on/off. If so the motion sensor is probably fine but your output contact is maybe welded closed. Maybe try controlling a relay with it instead of directly controlling the lights - even if just a temporary set up and see what your results are.

plumb bob

Do you have constant power supplied to the power pack or is there a switch installed before the pack? We have had some problems when a switch is installed ahead of the power pack due to cycling power on and off to the device. We've had better results having the pack powered continuously and any switching done downstream of it. Usually took more than a few days to fry a pack, though. Good luck!

DTLight

Is the low voltage from the power pack within speck? I've not had real good luck with the DT-200 sensors which is a wall mounted version of your ceiling sensor. In my application on a stage, the ultrasonic side of the sensor quits working (triggers continuously without any movement) after a while. Can you hear the relay in the sensor clicking when it's in test mode?

Status
Not open for further replies.