Websites

Status
Not open for further replies.

jm1470

I am looking to create a website for my business, just wondering who do you guys use. I did an internet search and there are so many companies not sure which ones are good.

RH1

I am looking to create a website for my business, just wondering who do you guys use. I did an internet search and there are so many companies not sure which ones are good.

I do my own websites, I either buy a template and customize the content or I use Site Sucker to grab a site I like and modify it to suit my needs. Then I buy the economy hosting at Godaddy and upload the site.

If you're too busy to learn HTML and CSS you can use Godaddy's Website Tonight to make a site pretty quickly.

As far as having someone else to it entirely, you can have Vision Infosoft (The estimating program) people make you a nice site.

LarryFine

Master Electrician Electric Contractor Richmond VA
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
I started the hard way, by learning HTML. Here's our first site, done using pure raw code, no editors or pagemakers. Note that some links may not work.

Loffgren

re

re

GoDaddy.com easiest thing I have done in a while...

"If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job,
wait until you hire an amateur." -- Red Adair

Love It!!!!!

RH1

The Ark is a fictional boat, but there are millions of real things built by amateurs that turned out very poorly. I'm gonna stick with professionals, their record is much better!

480sparky

You're right!

Darned engineers!

Actually, I'd say the engineers saved a lot of lives on that one. Without the watertight doors, she would have sunk like a rock in a matter of minutes and probably taken everyone down with her.

Now, back to our regularly sheduled program.... "Electricians Websites!" :D

e57

A really old version of Frontpage....

The hosting service I use has a freebie 'site-builder' - HTML editor with templates which is probably just as easy to use. Most now provide something like that - the one I use is about $10/month - but you can find some for 1/2 that now... A template site - it's something you can just whip-up, and later if you like you can hire someone to go full blown super 'flashy' for you for an exorbitant fee... But IMO there is really NO NEED for all that.. You're an electrician - not an entertainment provider... All you really need is an a page with your name, numbers and contact links... Maybe a form for collecting info in a standard way... And some text about what you do, maybe a little about the company... Fancy custom graphics and animation are for people looking to choke site users with fluff, and everyone knows it, and those who have it pay for it.... JMSO. (Although you can now buy templates of that tripe too - but seriously I get annoyed when I have to load a flash/swish site just to try to skip to something of use...)

acwservices

GoDaddy.com easiest thing I have done in a while...

"If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job,
wait until you hire an amateur." -- Red Adair

Love It!!!!!

Does GoDaddy.com do a good job with keeping your site up and running? I currently have my domain and email hosting with them, and have had no problems at all. I was just wondering if they are as dependable with website hosting? I am also interested in developing a website, and would like to stick with GoDaddy.com if they are dependable. Also, how do you get your name in the google and yahoo searches?

Loffgren

re

re

Yes there are dependable no problems what so ever. Our name started poping up every where after we created our website. As far as your name showing up you have to pay yahoo or google. Most cases I belive it is pay per click...Can be pricey

Status
Not open for further replies.