What am I looking at here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

triptolemus

Occupation
Safety
And what era do you think this is from?

My assumption is series lighting circuits with the neutral/ground picked up elsewhere.

This was observed up in the northeast US.

1620160696559 (1).jpeg

LarryFine

Master Electrician Electric Contractor Richmond VA
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
Neutrals were fused for a long time, as well as not always grounded.

It's more likely 120v only or 240v-only.

Terminator5047

Occupation
Electrician
I work on stuff like this all the time it dates to
Early 1930s there they have a vault with 4160volts tied to insulators on the ceiling 2ft above your head and old open Frankenstein knife switches that I have to replace fuses in every spring when the storms knock the old power lines together

MTW

Looks to me as an 8 Ckt fuse panel, marked 60A Bus, 125V, Fused line and neutral, Ckt# labeled on the bus in-between the hot and neutral fuses for the circuit.

The tags at the bottom would likely show the manufacturer and date. Looks like the feeder neutral had an extra ring of tape to identify it.

grich

Occupation
Broadcast Engineer
And don't you wish every panel had a nice typed-up panel legend? It's hard to read it zoomed in, but this must be a municipal building...references to city clerks, vault.

John A

Occupation
Inspector
Funny, this looks like what I found doing a walk-thru on a complaint of no permits. First floor corridor, outside of what musr have been the "Main Office" of the old (real) School Building. Opened the cover, and 'OK' surprise....just like the OPs pic.

He said "northeast', and I think the Garden State fits that area. Bldg. was a Twp. School and Muni Bldg is it's first lives, and now it is renovated and a private school. I have to see if I still have a pic of the panel.

Status
Not open for further replies.