What brand safety glasses do you use?

Status
Not open for further replies.

George Stolz

Staff member
Occupation
Service Manager
This is sort of a tangent from another thread. What safety glasses do you use?

My employer provides these to us. It blows me away that they're so inexpensive yet very comfortable, IMO.

I'd throw a picture up, but it ain't working out.

How about you? Likes/dislikes?

infinity

Staff member
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
These?

safetyglassesusa_1914_11079465

mdshunk

I bought a pair of Smith and Wesson's a few years ago totally on a whim. They were so comfortable (for me), that I bought 20 pair in the event that they quit making them at some point in the future.

I think that safety glasses fit people differently. I was a Uvex man until I got the Smith and Wesson's. The Uvex one's are really nice too.

steved

My employer provides Starlite safety glasses, which I find fairly comfortable. They do tend to get scratched up after a while, but I don't know of any safety glasses that don't. The Starlite glasses are cheap, so I bought a box of them myself to keep around the house.

kc8dxx

charlie b said:
I buy my own, from Lenscrafters, when I get a new prescription.

I second the motion. Getting new safety glasses tomorrow with my first changed prescription in 25 years. Don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing.

sparky_magoo

I have prescription safety frames made by Titmus. The lenes are bi-focal, Transitions (gets dark in sunlight), and safety rated. I worry more about scratching the $600+ glasses than getting debris in my eye.

celtic

My glasses are so thick ...they have to be Z87's !

6530860_NerdGlasses_200.jpg

Seriously...I get my Z87's at Lensecrafters, but I honestly don't know if the LENSE is Z87 rated...the frame is stamped Z87.

Before I started wearing glasses everyday (translation ~ getting old)...I had a few pairs like these:

AuroraReflecBlue.jpg

Five bucks at:
http://ironworkergear.com/

sparky_magoo

If your lenes are lenes are safety lenses, then they will have a barley visible + mark on the right lens. I just studied my glasses, and don't see the mark. Perhaps I got ripped off. I trusted my doctor. This is the second set of lenses I had installed in these frames and the mark is not present.

celtic

sparky_magoo said:
If your lenes are lenes are safety lenses, then they will have a barley visible + mark on the right lens. I just studied my glasses, and don't see the mark. Perhaps I got ripped off. I trusted my doctor. This is the second set of lenses I had installed in these frames and the mark is not present.

Now I'll really need the coke bottles to find the + sign on this pair!

Thanks for the tip.

Status
Not open for further replies.