what code reference?

Status
Not open for further replies.

electricmanscott

Re: what code reference?

Originally posted by pa electrician:
Originally posted by electricmanscott:
So you screw up and it is the guy who calls you on it that is the problem. :roll:
If I were only perfect like you.... :roll:
What a wonderful world it would be.
The reality here is that you hacked a job. Plain and simmple fact. You are trying every which way to avoid the fact that YOU made the error. And you are trying every which way to avoid fixing the problem. Suck it up, be a man, admit you are wrong, and fix the violation. That is my approach when I screw something up.(It happens to every one) If that makes me "Perfect" than so be it.

George Stolz

Staff member
Occupation
Service Manager
Re: what code reference?

Originally posted by pa electrician:
Well this was another day, where like many other days. I am sent out to do a job with no material, no prints (or good info, or drawings), and no time.

Sounds very familiar. :D

Then I get to the job, and the whole place is romex. So I look on the truck, no frickin romex. Do I waste more time and run back to the supply store? Do I find something else that I can do that doesn't require 12-2 ASAP?
Or do I spend 2 to 3 times the cost of wiring the place and just use the MC?

You're contradicting yourself, in a way. If the job is large enough to make a huge cost difference in MC or NM, then get back in the truck and return it to the supply house. If the job is small (as in, a small room) then just use the metallic stuff and laugh at the boss next time you see him. :D

So, I used what I had on the truck. 14-2.
And only to wire up the fan.

With no plans, etc, what led you to believe that you couldn't put this stuff on a 15 amp circuit?

If it was only a fan, then why not use the MC? It sounds like a very small run, the cost difference sounds very low, in the grand scheme. :D

And I will find any code reference that I can to back me up.
Even if changing the 20A breaker to a 15A shuts him up.

There isn't one. Replace the wire or the breaker, take your pick.

Our job has consequences. People can die if we screw up.

If your boss sends you with the wrong material, get the right material, or use what you have, but always follow code. It really is in your best interests.

[ July 30, 2005, 08:00 AM: Message edited by: georgestolz ]

Status
Not open for further replies.