What differentiates a Siemens 30/30 panel from a 30/40 exactly?

tortuga

Code Historian
Occupation
Electrical Design
I'm the guy who has a 66 space true panelboard in my house, so I get real grumpy quick not having a luxurious amount of space 😂
Allot the new houses I have seen recently use 24" on center framing and it got me wondering why they dont offer a 22-1/2" wide loadcenter that would fit in a stud bay.

kwired

Electron manager
Allot the new houses I have seen recently use 24" on center framing and it got me wondering why they dont offer a 22-1/2" wide loadcenter that would fit in a stud bay.
Should be less problem to put a 20" wide commercial panelboard in there than in 16" OC framing, other than they aren't fitting in 2x4 depth walls.

With all the AFCI's and GFCI's used anymore I often wondered if commercial panelboards would be a better design when it comes to having room in the cabinet.

letgomywago

Occupation
residential electrician
Should be less problem to put a 20" wide commercial panelboard in there than in 16" OC framing, other than they aren't fitting in 2x4 depth walls.

With all the AFCI's and GFCI's used anymore I often wondered if commercial panelboards would be a better design when it comes to having room in the cabinet.
I'd happily take a 22.5 in wide 4 inch deep load center

ramsy

Roger Ruhle dba NoFixNoPay
Occupation
Service Electrician 2020 NEC
With all the AFCI's and GFCI's used anymore I often wondered if commercial panelboards would be a better design when it comes to having room in the cabinet
Selecting xFCI equipment gets complicated by the goal of reduced callbacks, listed SPD instructions, and options for GFPE, Plug-On Neutrals, Tandem AFCI, and remote controls.

I would also expect volume & margins to govern any informed supplier opinion.