What do you carry your tools in?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hv&Lv

Occupation
Engineer/Technician
I've got to tell you, I am an electrician in the field and that looks like a big waste of time to me. I'm old fashioned. I carry my tools on my hip. You don't know how many times I have had to wait on someone who needed to go get his Chennel locks or some other tool that needs to be with you at all times. I know you can't carry all the tools you need at once, but, I have never, EVER seen anyone carry a bucket everywhere he went either. They take to the general vicinity of where they are working and set it down. Then when they need something, oops, off they go to go find their bucket or toolbox or whatever.

Wasted man hours = wasted production.

Actually, I use both.
I use a bucket buddy, along with my tool pouch on my hip that I carry my most used hand tools in.
This way I have many odd pieces and extra tools needed and don't have to go to the truck as often, increasing my production.:p
My bucket doubles as a trash bucket sometimes,

Kinda why I wasn't going to post a pic after seeing fulthrotl's pic...:ashamed1:

Fulthrotl

~Autocorrect is My Worst Enema.~
Actually, I use both.
I use a bucket buddy, along with my tool pouch on my hip that I carry my most used hand tools in.
This way I have many odd pieces and extra tools needed and don't have to go to the truck as often,
increasing my production.:p
My bucket doubles as a trash bucket sometimes,

Kinda why I wasn't going to post a pic after seeing fulthrotl's pic...:ashamed1:

i ran with bags for years, then went to a single klein bag,
then a 5 gallon bucket with loops around the inside in leather
strapping... this was before the bucket buddys.... one of
my apprentices started making bucket buddys... his were
the first ones i'd ever seen... then home dipsnit started selling
them....

most of my work, i use a little steel pushcart, a shop vac if i'm
gonna make a mess, and my tool box. the pushcart uses a little
caddy that i made that can hold 8 of those little organizers... i
can pick the ones i need and put them in the caddy, and roll it
to where i am gonna work.... but most of my work is in commercial
or food packing...

i went away from bags after noticing how it felt carrying 15 lbs.
on your hip all day, and seeing all the old electricians had screwed
up hips......

PetrosA

Yeah, my back can't take the added weight of a tool pouch all day or even a nail apron for more than a few hours. As much as I can, I put the few tools I need into my pockets to evenly distribute the weight. I wonder how some guys can wear those framer's harnesses with 40 or more pounds of hardware and tools on all day long.

tbakelis

Veto pro pack

Veto pro pack

Ive used the open top Veto Pro Pack for several years. Went to it after going through a tool bag every six months. They r pricey but bullet proof. 5 yr full replacement warranty. I'm 5'6" and can even stand on it (like the bucket). Anyway, I love it, works for me.

Chrisasks

Veto Pro Pack. It is easy to organize and everything stays put when you are driving down the road no matter how wild you drive or how bumpy the road is.

I have a my pro pac tech pac. Excellent system. My tools are on a wall and I can see it all from a front view and not a top view. I love it. On top of that, it's a backpack, so I have a hand free to open doors, lock the truck, pick my nose, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

peter d

Nice zombie thread. But the Veto topic is still relevant. I can't bring myself to spend that kind of money for any kind of tool bag. The cheap ones have always worked well for me and over time, I carry less, not more.

keith gigabyte

I have a bag similar to your first photo. I bought it at Home depot about 15 years ago it is a CLC brand. I had just got a job working commercial/office with a mix of research production setting. my old Klein bag; just a bag like the canvas bucket bags. The new employer frowned on the bag because it was covered in coal dust from my previous job. Bought the home depot thing just to make him happy. 15 years later only thing I need to replace is the fishing tackle box in the bottom, plastic is starting to break. the bag is very well made and everything has a place no lost tools.

Knuckle Dragger

Master Electrician Electrical Contractor 01752
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
https://www.lowes.ca/tool-boxes/stanley-lockable-structural-foam-tool-box_g1199131.html

I find tool boxes and pouches/ aprons very personal so what ever works for you is great.
I have been carrying this simple tool box with for the past 7 year I find durable I can stand on it and my buddy has as well who has been over
275 lbs, and it very basic and water tight.
I used to have the bucket organizer that worked well, I found that I carried many tools that I did not need most of the time, it could tip over easily and it collected construction debris and my truck wasn't all that water tight;)

coalelectrician

New User
This is what I am using now and probably one of the best investments I have made in a tool carrier. Cant beat the lifetime warranty and the military grade toughness. ridgid1.jpg Ridgid.jpg Ridgid2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.