What do YOU do?

Learn the NEC with Mike Holt now!

What do YOU do?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Minuteman

We have engineers, instructors, inspectors, estimators, managers, hand's on electricians, and others here. So, how do you spend your average work day?

I'm called project manager, but I mostly estimate or am a foreman.

I tool up with the guys some, but get distracted often by the phone. Always something. Customers, salesmen, questions from the rest of the crew, problems. I also do some service calls.

Who are you and what do you do?

iwire

Staff member
Before or after the economy tanked?

Before

I was spending more time in the office doing design and PM work.

After

Stuff that first year licensed guys should be doing, I am lucky to be working.

nhfire77

Before or after the economy tanked?

Before

I was spending more time in the office doing design and PM work.

After

Stuff that first year licensed guys should be doing, I am lucky to be working.

BEFORE

Saving Money!!

After

Spending Money!!!

Besoeker

I suppose a bit of the first and a bit of the last but mostly the last depends on my education for the first.

brian john

I do Inspections, testing, consulting, writer (boy that is the toughest), emergency calls, trouble shooter, management, material driver and extra hand on any job.

Rewire

Owner. That one simple word encompases many things.In the early days I did everything from Project design to cleaning the office toilet. Today I am more into the management end.Right now I am covering for the on call guy for a few hours if I am lucky I will get a call and dust off the tools.

Rewire

I still clean the toilet, seems electricians can't clean up after they make potty and they NEVER restock paper towels and T-paper.

We have a high school kid working part time on the school to work program who now has that duty along with grass cutting trash removal and truck washing.

infinity

Staff member
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
For the past several years I've been working with the tools. Recently I took over a job to finish it so technically I'm the foreman. Being that it's a high profile job I accepted the offer even though I gave up running work years ago.

okeefe

I wear may hats, including the one I feel like a paper boy. going out and collecting the final payment from residential customers who can't use a stamp and envelope.

dduffee260

I own the company. Right now we have about 3.5 million in projects and 25 employees. I do whatever is needed from me that day. I don't do payroll or accounts payable. Other than that I have to do a little of everything to make things happen. Yesterday I went and did my duty to help the economy by buying 2 - 3/4 ton extended cab trucks. That makes 5 this year from GM. If they sink it was not cause I did not help.

qcroanoke

Sometimes I don't know if I'm the boxer or the bag
Occupation
Sorta retired........
I do whatever it takes.....
I check drawings for accuracy, I maintain QC manuals and I go out in the field to inspect work and I also P.O. a lot of people. Their problem.... not mine. Get it right and I won't gig you for it.
Life is good...............

daleuger

I'm mostly out in the field doing service/remodel work. Every now and then I'm a foreman on a job with several guys. This week I'm pretty much doing the owner's "job" while he's out of the state, but I'm liable as not to end up throwing on my tools because I'm still on call as well.

cowboyjwc

Staff member
Electrical inspections (only) and I'm the electrical plan checker as well as the electrical trainer for the Building and Safety staff.

No two days are ever the same and most likely no two hours are the same either.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.