what do you think is fair pay for pm in NY

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was just offered a job to pm 4 jobs for a company with 75 men.....2 jobs in conn and 2 jobs in NYC......what do you think is fair pay......plus how much car fair, spending money etc...........I have agreed to sign on for 6 months and then renegotiate after words if we are booth happy with the set up......i have over 15 years in the business and i have been a pm before, but i have been out of the business for a few years...........what is a fair car expense number per mile with the cost of gas and all, as you can see i will be doing a lot of driving...........thanks all...............:rolleyes:

westchester said:
I was just offered a job to pm 4 jobs for a company with 75 men.....2 jobs in conn and 2 jobs in NYC......what do you think is fair pay......plus how much car fair, spending money etc.......

Based on $28/hr base wage rate...
$1500/week for the first 50 hours.
$1100/week for the second 20 hours
NO SUNDAYS
NO CELL PHONE.
$.53/mile for auto expense (IRS max)
Company credit card for gas, motels, materials, labor ready,etc.
100% Company health plan paid
At least monthly reconcile on all.
New Toshiba hard case laptop with wifi rig.

I can start June 15. :D

brian john

I would think 28.00 would not touch it and company vehicle is a must.

More like $48.00
Truck/car
Full H&W
Bonus based upon performance.
All holidays
Minimum 2 weeks vacation.
Cell phone is MUST
Golf time with clients.
Retirement of some type.
Meals allowance for lunch, breakfast with customers.

BryanMD said:
Based on $28/hr base wage rate...
$1500/week for the first 50 hours.
$1100/week for the second 20 hours
NO SUNDAYS
NO CELL PHONE.
Company credit card for gas, motels, materials, labor ready,etc.
100% Company health plan paid
At least monthly reconcile on all.
New Toshiba hard case laptop with wifi rig.

I can start June 15. :D

This includes the cost of gas.

brian john

Pierre:

When I travel and charge mileage above this stated value ($0.53), customers tell me BUT the IRS says. I tell them; look just because the government doesn't know how to manage money and is in debt does not mean I need to follow suit.

john_axelson

What do you do now?

What do you do now?

You mentioned you have been out of the business for a few years. What do you do now? Is there re-training involved? Do you need to learn an estimating system? Will they give you time to learn the system or is the fire/fryin pan waiting?

Agree with Bryan, company vehicle is a must.
Company Cell Phone is a Must
Full Medical/Dental/Vision
Life Insurance
Short Term Disability
Long Term Disability
Minimum of 3 weeks vacation
Company Computer - Laptop preferred with PM software, estimating software, etc.
Profit Sharing
401K Match - or other pension/retirement fund matching

Now to the money.....

What is your background? Were you an electrican turned PM?

At a minimum, you should be working for something close to the JW wage in the area that you are Project Managing work, but remember that you are more than likely going to be salaried. So take the time to figure some OT into the salary number you request, because you will definitely be expected to put in more than 40 hours a week.

Good luck!

thanks for input...........

thanks for input...........

here is my back background............12 years union....apprentice, jm, foreman, iran 100 man jobs....left the union , back to my tools for 2 years than, pm job again for a really bad company for 2 years , ,,,,,,then i opened my own bussiness (not electrical)...........i still own the bussiness, so i have that.my wife has benefits...so i do not need the benifits...............so i do not yet know what the hours will be i figure around 40.......i do not want to be paid ot.........i figure some weeks i work more and some weeks i will work less......so i do not want to go in to ot....i agreed to a 6 month try out and then renegociate.........so for a 40 hour work week ....no benefits...i will use my own carr for the first 6 months........how much a week pl;us how much for car expenses and how much spending mony a week......plus how much a mile or should i just charge a flat rate............thanks.

khixxx

$75/hr, or at least $3k a week plus a good PD. Atleast $600 in and $600 out. Remember PD is tax free so try to get that high.

Status
Not open for further replies.