What is the ideal organizational hierarchy for an Electrical Contractor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

~Shado~

Trunk slammers don't bid on large commercial projects or massive custom homes.

So, if you have 1 truck and 3 helpers, you can hustle and make decent money, but how do you get larger? And for that matter, what is the optimum size for an electrical contracting business?

I think this is subject to what work you want to handle....

I myself have only worked for what I consider a large outfit only 1 time...we had I think about 75-100 men on site at any given time at a radio station we were doing. I got really bored after about 6 months working there...too much repetition per sey.
While inside I was Cad Welding all the course bonds to the red iron for about 2 weeks while another fella was trenching a .75 mile long trench beside the fence dividing properties. I then had to drive about 500 ground rods and cad weld all them together, while watching 14 towers being erected on site.

Since then, I have only worked for companies haveing less than 20 employees.

For me, I want to grow to between 8 and 12 employees...that is what I consider optimum.

ohmhead

Well every company has to start someplace at some point it does not happen overnite .

The company i work for started in 1958 with 3 men and a truck they ran out of work after just one week and one small job after three weeks of no work they picked up more work now its 2010 we average $185 million a year.

I think its kinda hard work lots of hours going for it never stop or give up ever and its not all money totally its good people and working in a area of major contract work location is the key and it helps .
Lots of days missed in your life lots of time passes and its a risk but thats what it takes in seeing this first hand .

You never now how far you can go until your at that point !

Status
Not open for further replies.