What is your fixed rate price?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ravenvalor

Thanks for the heads up. I have been using #8 romex for my 50amp EV charger circuits with no issues from the inspectors. I always get my EV charger circuits inspected. Does the 75-degreeC column in Table 310.16 not apply to romex?

Little Bill

Staff member
Occupation
Semi-Retired Electrician
Thanks for the heads up. I have been using #8 romex for my 50amp EV charger circuits with no issues from the inspectors. I always get my EV charger circuits inspected. Does the 75-degreeC column in Table 310.16 not apply to romex?
NM is to be used with the 60 deg column and that is only good for 40A.

Ravenvalor

Correction. I just checked a past invoice. I have been putting the circuits on 40amp breakers. I am using the 14-50 receptacle because that is what the EV charger calls for but only putting it on a 40-amp circuit. Sorry for the confusion.

Ravenvalor

Correction. I just checked a past invoice. I have been putting the circuits on 40amp breakers. I am using the 14-50 receptacle because that is what the EV charger calls for but only putting it on a 40-amp circuit. Sorry for the confusion.
Looking at a page from the Chevy Volt manual the Volt Level 2 can pull either 32amps or 48amps. Since the customer had a charger with a 14-50 plug on it we had to opt for the 32amp charge and put it on a 40amp breaker.

Status
Not open for further replies.