what meter socket can i use

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ramster57

Occupation
electrician
so im doing a commercial warehouse (3000sq ft.) so i was going to put a 200ampbreaker box therfor a 200 amp continus commercial meter, and then i was told
that i needed to put a 320amp meter is this true. i thought that a 200 plus 125% was good for the 200 amp load can anyone help

Dsg319

Occupation
Wv Master “lectrician”
so im doing a commercial warehouse (3000sq ft.) so i was going to put a 200ampbreaker box therfor a 200 amp continus commercial meter, and then i was told
that i needed to put a 320amp meter is this true. i thought that a 200 plus 125% was good for the 200 amp load can anyone help
First and foremost a load calculation needs to be done and go from there.

Buck Parrish

that i needed to put a 320amp meter
is this true. i thought that a 200 plus 125% was good for the 200 amp load can anyone help
A 200A meter would ussually be plenty for a 3000 sq ft warehouse with lights general use outlets and no equipment. Who told you that a 320 was required?

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
That sounds like a power company requirement. I would contact them

Status
Not open for further replies.