What Size Gutter or Pull Box

Status
Not open for further replies.

don_resqcapt19

Staff member
Occupation
retired electrician
Yeah I agree. I think everyone does no? Or are some people saying you cant take an off the shelf wireway, cut a big rectangle in it and a matching one in the cabinet, bolt it together, put some edge guard around the cutout, and call it an AUX gutter?
I have only used auxiliary gutters a couple of times at switch gear, and they were listed accessories to the switch gear.
I have had "top hats" made for MMCs a few times that might qualify as an auxiliary gutter as they bolted to the top of the MMC after the top covers were removed. Those were custom items made by a sheet metal shop that had the certifications to make listed electrical enclosures.

petersonra

Occupation
engineer
I have only used auxiliary gutters a couple of times at switch gear, and they were listed accessories to the switch gear.
I have had "top hats" made for MMCs a few times that might qualify as an auxiliary gutter as they bolted to the top of the MMC after the top covers were removed. Those were custom items made by a sheet metal shop that had the certifications to make listed electrical enclosures.
Type 1 enclosures are not required to be listed.

Status
Not open for further replies.