what sort of coverage can I expect from certain wall packs

Status
Not open for further replies.

MiElectrician

I'm trying to replace a light pole with wall packs on buildings near by. Is there an app or website that tells me about the coverage I can expect from a certain watt wallpack mounted at a certain height?

Thanks
Mielectrician

tw1156

Many manufacturers have sample calculators (http://webtools.cooperindustries.co...32.173343187.1544635422-1211082478.1518463637) You would click on the IES file you want and select the 'calculator' looking image next to it. You can modify height and other things in it. The alternative method, would be to contact you local lighting rep and have them run the calculations. It sounds like the latter may be the better option as you're replacing a site light with a wall sconce.

brantmacga

Señor Member
Occupation
Former Child
Download the IES files from the manufacturer and load them up in your favorite photometric program.

It’s helpful to have the CAD file from your site & building drawings, but most of them have some option to draw out a simple site plan or make 3D shapes for your building.

This is really the only way to do it and take out the guess work; and then you can see an actual representation of foot-candles at any given point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.