What time is it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chris kennedy

Occupation
60 yr old tool twisting electrician
Just a heads up. I just noticed that my computer and alarm clock went into "fall back" mode today.

Appears I will have some 'smart' timers and Ats's to adjust this week.

iwire

Staff member
chris kennedy said:
Just a heads up. I just noticed that my computer and alarm clock went into "fall back" mode today.

Appears I will have some 'smart' timers and Ats's to adjust this week.

4:05pm Sunday (EDT)

celtic

Last week, I "lost" a month on the computer...all files created/modified/etc on 10/22 became dated 11/22 :-?.

charlie

chris kennedy said:
Just a heads up. I just noticed that my computer and alarm clock went into "fall back" mode today. . .
Don't forget, we extended daylight savings time an additional week in the spring and in the fall. :smile: 4:08:45 EDT

cadpoint

Excuse me it's still EDST 5:14 PM

Chris, if windows, you need an upgrade go seek whats new for your box,
Bill has always keep that up to date, if your other, I don't know.
tools, windows update, auto or custum, if you custom you can see if theres an update for Time,
I'm assuming XP or up ...

Besoeker

The time change.
Right now it is 21:30 here in UK.
Our two computers updated as expected.
The clock in the kitchen didn't - as expected.
A little surprise was that my car clock did.
It is always spot on to within one second.

cadpoint

Besoeker said:
It is always spot on to within one second.
Do you have and use the tellie in the auto, that might be the reason your
clock is on time.

On-star or any dealer interface will also provied the same. :)

MY friend informed me that Mr. Bill missed the time change, I didn't note the mistake on my CPU, OH well ~ .
I'm sittin on an old NT box that did change the time... but there no more updates for this cpu.... :smile:

Podagrower

I was pleasantly surprised this morning when I woke up nice and refreshed. I felt like I'd manage to sneak in an extra hour's sleep. I checked my "smart" phone for messages-none, always a bonus. Off to shower, get ready for work, turn on the TV-WTF, I'm 20 minutes late!:mad:

The "smart" phone (powered by bill) ended daylight savings time, so did the alarm clock. The alarm clock was made before they moved the time change, so I don't hold it so accountable, but the phone is a different story. I shoulda got a Iphone..........

btw it's 6:19

nakulak

if your operating system is 2000 or later, check to make sure that the built in connection to an internet time server is a valid link (a lot of fresh installs use a broken link or no link) (control panel / date and time / internet time / settings / server -> click "update now", if it fails, pick a new time server )

chris kennedy

Occupation
Podagrower said:
I was pleasantly surprised this morning when I woke up nice and refreshed. I felt like I'd manage to sneak in an extra hour's sleep. I checked my "smart" phone for messages-none, always a bonus. Off to shower, get ready for work, turn on the TV-WTF, I'm 20 minutes late!:mad:

The "smart" phone (powered by bill) ended daylight savings time, so did the alarm clock. The alarm clock was made before they moved the time change, so I don't hold it so accountable, but the phone is a different story. I shoulda got a Iphone..........

btw it's 6:19
:grin: Funny stuff. Nice to see your working on Sunday. Thats a good economic indicator.

I have a couple facilities that exercise under load at 8AM on Wednesday. The ATS's will think it is 8AM at 9AM this Wednesday. Alot of computers will go down.

chris kennedy

Occupation
cadpoint said:
OK, note the lights out on the way to work tommorrow...

Drop a card off ...

I fixed my time on the computer. Thanks for the help Jude, but I didn't see an update.

cowboyjwc

Staff member
I just noticed that mine was off an hour this morning.

That's why I like my watch, it's tied into the atomic clock and resets it's self when the atomic clock resets.

Status
Not open for further replies.