What's it Called, or Seeking a Terminal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Open Neutral

Occupation
Engineer
In a large residence, the existing CT can will soon be a junction box; the CT's have to be outside in a new can.
With them go the terminals that tied the dual MCM-350 feeds to the 4 panelboards.

I'm seeking something like ¼-20 bolts on insulated mounts to fasten into the junction box and then join the 6 lugs.
Or another type of connection to accomplish the same task. (A gigundous Jones Barrier strip?)

Suggestions?

Russs57

Occupation
Maintenance Engineer
Assuming you want two 350's per phase line side....then ability to connect multiple smaller conductors going to individual panels on load side.....I'd consider a "power distribution block". I like them better than Polaris taps.

I have seen what you are asking about, but only as part of a UL rated shop built item...such as generator switch gear. Typically used as supports for bus bars.

texie

Occupation
Electrician, Contractor, Inspector
Just keep in mind that if you use power distribution blocks they have to be approved for use with service conductors.
Been a while, but Polaris used to make one of their line of connectors that had bolt mounting holes that were kind of good for this. Not sure if they are still available.

Todd0x1

For use with service conductors you want a power distribution block listed to UL 1953 such as the cooper / bussmann PDB series

Status
Not open for further replies.