What's the name of this.kind connector holds the bx cable

Status
Not open for further replies.

mopowr steve

Occupation
Electrical contractor
The instruction sheet shows (2)1/2” ko’s on each end but the picture the OP’s junction box doesn’t have them. Manufacture defect?
Or is there another hole at the other end? Are you sure there isn’t one of those nm connectors that reduces down to 1/4 hole that some fixtures come with in the light packaging?

Todd0x1

Arlington p/n 4200 is the fitting that fits a 1/4" KO (17/32 hole) twin screw clamp for MC / NM / Flex

kylelee

That's the light, is it a better way to terminate the wire better than open a 1/2 KO
1bc034afb467864eebd5f50ba1da5da1.jpg
b2902722529c532497a785a6f5bef0d4.jpg
946726a9d0e0203c6e7e4a9fa035c05d.jpg
645dc0e99ea6a83b1518fe9f61974741.jpg

Sent from my LYA-L0C using Tapatalk

winnie

Occupation
Electric motor research
I think Todd0x1 has the winner in post 25.

Liteon also lists a part (mentioned in the spec sheet for the light) but a google search doesn't show that part anywhere except in Liteon spec sheets. So buying the adapter might be difficult.

The knockouts are 1/4" not common 1/2"

The box might be too small to drill out for 1/2"

-Jon

hbiss

EC, Westchester, New York NEC: 2014
Occupation
EC
Well, yes, the Arlington 4200 connector as Todd0x1 recommended is the way to go.

4200thumb.jpg

If the stupid manufacturer had shown the KO locations and sizes on their spec sheet we would have said this back at post #2. Also, rarely do manufacturers use any kind of standard connector where their flex goes into the junction box or can. So that thing you were looking for, even if you found some, wouldn't be anything you would be allowed use.

-Hal

kylelee

I think Todd0x1 has the winner in post 25.

Liteon also lists a part (mentioned in the spec sheet for the light) but a google search doesn't show that part anywhere except in Liteon spec sheets. So buying the adapter might be difficult.

The knockouts are 1/4" not common 1/2"

The box might be too small to drill out for 1/2"

-Jon
u r right, any better way to install this light

kylelee

Well, yes, the Arlington 4200 connector as Todd0x1 recommended is the way to go.

4200thumb.jpg

If the stupid manufacturer had shown the KO locations and sizes on their spec sheet we would have said this back at post #2. Also, rarely do manufacturers use any kind of standard connector where their flex goes into the junction box or can. So that thing you were looking for, even if you found some, wouldn't be anything you would be allowed use.

-Hal
So this 4200connector fits the1/4 ko?

LarryFine

Master Electrician Electric Contractor Richmond VA
Occupation
Electrical Contractor

hbiss

EC, Westchester, New York NEC: 2014
Occupation
EC
I believe some fixture manufacturers provide those with their fixtures because I have a few of them and I know I never bought them. Also, I've noticed panels that have several 1/4" ko's in the top. Makes better use of the real estate.

-Hal

josiahcarlson

It is marked as an SC-01 rated for NM, MC, BX. I have all mine from under cabinet lights but you can order them on Amazon just search SC-01 connector
eca763b99cb0543dba8888cd597f1b4f.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.