When did inspections start

rambojoe

Occupation
Wireman
Apparently either rambojoe is wrong or Arizona is good at hiding things. NFPA, Mike Holt, IAEI, NAHB and NEMA sites all say about same thing- that AZ is county/municipal regulation only. Those are only sites I looked at, but are all basically the same info for AZ.
Or you need to re-read what i wrote.
And yes hvlv, i took it wrong for all the right reasons- but you got it right. Alot of top notch record breaking projects here in the last 25yrs. Im proud of it all.
Again, makes zero difference whether its state, city or county. Its very strict here...

tortuga

Code Historian
Occupation
Electrical Design
I am pretty framiliar with the west coast as I have lived in CA OR and WA, all have statewide codes, inspections (mostly some are private but you dont get a choice) and state wide licensing.
Whats curious to me is the east coast where it seems a handful of states have private underwriters (inspection companies), and you can choose which company you use?
Then even more interesting jump over to the UK where they dont have inspections at all?

jmellc

Occupation
Facility Maintenance Tech. Licensed Electrician
Apparently either rambojoe is wrong or Arizona is good at hiding things. NFPA, Mike Holt, IAEI, NAHB and NEMA sites all say about same thing- that AZ is county/municipal regulation only. Those are only sites I looked at, but are all basically the same info for AZ.

I had an instructor who had been an inspector in AZ. He did say that there was a lot of inconsistency there. Something like what would pass in one city or county would not pass in others, etc. Of course, some of that is true in a lot of places. We've seen bits & pieces of it here in our state on a smaller scale.

kwired

Electron manager
Or you need to re-read what i wrote.
And yes hvlv, i took it wrong for all the right reasons- but you got it right. Alot of top notch record breaking projects here in the last 25yrs. Im proud of it all.
Again, makes zero difference whether its state, city or county. Its very strict here...
I don't necessarily disagree with you, but why do so many sources say otherwise. Is whoever has authority in AZ just being elusive to outsiders?

Texas I could better understand being that way :)

California is proud of all their restrictive regulations and lets everyone know about it.:unsure:

Hv&Lv

Occupation
Engineer/Technician
I had a general contractors license in Arizona for ONE job. Was a nightmare to get the license recriprocity. Had to go to Richmond (240 miles) to take the Arizona business test through PSI.
Wasn't going to fight the process to try to transfer electrical license. Wasn't that much electrical on the job anyway. Easier to hire a local electrician that knew the inspectors, process, etc..

About the same as it is in any state.. No electrical inspector likes an out of town boy coming in their neighborhood wiring things up.