Where are y'all getting 320 amps 240 V single phase meter bases?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buck Parrish

What's up with all the meter bases? Where do you get yours now a days?

I need a couple of single phase 320 amp with double lugs on the bottom. I'll be mounting two 200 amp disconnects one on either side of the meter bases. I could use the kind that included two 200 amp disconnects.

Little Bill

Staff member
Occupation
Semi-Retired Electrician
Black market or none at all unless POCO furnishes them. I just roughed in a house that I wanted a 320/400A service but had to settle for a 200A. I got the 200A meter base a while back. Now you can't even find the 200A unless you find someone who is "scalping" them for a premium.

James L

Occupation
Electrician
I scour the internet in my spare time, looking for some of those things that are mostly unavailable. If I find one I just might buy it. Kind of depends on the price

Right now I have two meter cans in my basement. I'm supposed to be using one sometime or service upgrade

The other one I don't know yet.

petersonra

Occupation
engineer

I need a couple of single phase 320 amp with double lugs on the bottom. I'll be mounting two 200 amp disconnects one on either side of the meter bases. I could use the kind that included two 200 amp disconnects.
two on ebay. $1200 each. :)

James L

Occupation
Electrician

Yeah I seen those there too. That's a $350 can

James L

Occupation
Electrician

Are you looking for 4 jaw or 5 jaw?

Buck Parrish

It appears to be rated for overhead power company feed only.

James L

Occupation
Electrician
No, I called them, they don't care what type I use.
The only reason I ask is that I always get better results if I have a model number to search.

Here's a site I found that says they can get a Durham in 77 days for $600, but also says call if you need it faster...

The pic is a list of 4 jaw Durham cans. Write down a few model numbers and search in your web browser. Keep in mind that Durham rebrands to Eaton, SquareD and maybe others. Milbank and Talon make cans, too

It can take a while to find, but I usually score Screenshot_20220223-060210_Chrome.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.