Where To Land Water/Gas Line Bond

Status
Not open for further replies.

TeddyAdkins

Occupation
Industrial Electrician
I've ran my main earth from my rods to the panel. Sonce this is a main panel i just tbrow the junper directly from the gas line to any spot on the neutral bus right? Vice versa on the water?

Im asking mainly because i read that I need it to be one continuous run and if that was the case I wouldve needed like 60 more ft of wire and it would have been all zigzagged like crazy.

kwired

Electron manager
The "grounding electrode conductor" needs to be one continuous length of conductor, or be spliced with irreversible splicing method that is listed for grounding.

You can make taps (without cutting the GEC) off the GEC to other items that are allowed to connect to the GEC.

If you have more than one grounding electrode you only need an unspliced GEC to one of them and canuse "bonding jumpers" from electrode to electrode or make bonding jumper taps off the GEC, (again without actually cutting the GEC).

TeddyAdkins

Occupation
Industrial Electrician
The "grounding electrode conductor" needs to be one continuous length of conductor, or be spliced with irreversible splicing method that is listed for grounding.

You can make taps (without cutting the GEC) off the GEC to other items that are allowed to connect to the GEC.

If you have more than one grounding electrode you only need an unspliced GEC to one of them and canuse "bonding jumpers" from electrode to electrode or make bonding jumper taps off the GEC, (again without actually cutting the GEC).
So if I land my main GEC on the tap by the main netrual lug than any neutral lug is making any spot a jumper tap right?

kwired

Electron manager
So if I land my main GEC on the tap by the main netrual lug than any neutral lug is making any spot a jumper tap right?
Not how I would normally describe it but yes, any additional electrodes connected to those other spots are connected via a bonding jumper.

Status
Not open for further replies.