Which design and why. 750kva entrance

fastline

Review more stuff on a friend's building complex and realized now that the 750kva transformer has a single set of 500mcm conductors. He is going to need the power but I can't even understand why that 750 is there with 500s on it. Basically the first OCDP(s) are in a small connected shed outside a main building, and they used multi taps to branch to 2, 200A disconnects, and a 60A.

I guess I can see the pro/con side of multiple disconnects but I sure like a single, main handle. Either way, this is going to have to get rebuilt soon to match the 750 transformer. My question is, 1, do you prefer the multi disconnects? If I go that route, I'd prob do very similar as previous with main conductors in a trunk, tap connectors, and branch into some disconnects. I do realize the customer needs are important but he doesn't have a clue what he really needs so I am trying to 'future proof' the deal.

Also, do you guys use and trust the insulated multi taps? Have usually wrapped bare ones but have also seen many insulated. they sure look more "pro".