Who knows about super T8s and fixture efficiency?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nrp3

I am trying to get some utility rebate money for a customer. In order to get it there is some hoops to jump through. I would like to replace old single lamp corridor wraps (single lamp 4ft T-12, magnetic ballast) with new ones t-8/t-5. They have to be reduced wattage or Super T8. The fixture has to better than 83 % efficient and save 23 watts over the existing ones. Lamar has a WN fixture that seems to meet the efficiency requirement, but not sure if the ballast is the right kind or a standard t8. Phillips Daybrite lists a "green" model in the SJ line. Not sure I can meet the wattage savings either. Any thoughts?

Look into the T5HO fixtures, they have multivolt electronic ballasts and the watt rating is between 24w (per lamp) for the 2' fixture to 54w (per lamp) for the 4' fixture. As far as efficiency specs, you should be able to find a table or request one from a manufacturer. The T5HO put out an obvious increase in lumens so with that in mind you may be able to go with the smaller fixture and still illuminate as the T12 did while saving on watts.

We just purchased a ton of T5HO lighting for our Abrasive Blast building and the difference is incredible. We also cut the power consumption by 1/3 since we changed from the T12HO to the T5HO

Status
Not open for further replies.