Who rents portable stairs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

iwire

Staff member
nakulak said:
I still think he needs the airplane stairs.

I was thinking jet pack.

marscon06_19.jpg

jrannis

If the customer cant afford to be billed for a week rental for a lift but can pay for a broken lens..... I just dont get it!
Do it the right way, use the proper tool and equipment for the job.
Is the lift about five or six hundred a week?
Whats it going to cost in time to pay people to setup stairs, scaffold and ladders?
how about a life, a back? a lens?

Whats this have to do with lightning or power quality?

ramsy said:
Need to get 20 feet up a building wall, without scheduling & waiting for manlift or boom delivery, or farming it out to a bucket truck.

I'd rather rent colapsable stairs on a trailer hitch. Anyone done this before?
As people have said, I'd try a man lift on a trailer... United rentals on state college is open until 2pm today.

ramsy

Roger Ruhle dba NoFixNoPay
Occupation
Service Electrician 2020 NEC
cschmid said:
..I can see a 16 x 16 being kind of freaky if it is your first one ever..did you go up under it or along side of it..must of been along side of it..

Yes I was along side it. Won't do that again. Thanks, will price lifts on Monday.

pbeasley said:
As people have said, I'd try a man lift on a trailer... United rentals on state college is open until 2pm today.

Roger that, two in a row that won't use ladders, and no real need for risking it, since customer has already agreed to pay for the lift.

Also checked with old employer; can get his bucket truck for $60 an hour, then charge the customer my appropriate markup.

Many thanks to all of you. Especially those with my safety in mind.

mdshunk

ramsy said:
Many thanks to all of you. Especially those with my safety in mind.
You can do it safely from a ladder, but you're too chicken or something. I guess if you're scared that makes it unsafe, in the end. For Pete's sake, I've put up the entire fixture from a ladder, and I'm neither especially strong or super-coordinated.

Im 135lbs and I brought a 68lb moving light 20ft up an extension ladder. Took a while, and had to take a break before doing the second one. . .. You following the 4 feet up, 1 foot out rule? Nothing worse than an extension ladder thats too steep!

cschmid

mdshunk said:
You can do it safely from a ladder, but you're too chicken or something. I guess if you're scared that makes it unsafe, in the end. For Pete's sake, I've put up the entire fixture from a ladder, and I'm neither especially strong or super-coordinated.

Ahh com on Marc calling some one a chicken is like being in high school..I know you are better than that..And yes if you are not confident on a ladder than get what you are confident with..

mdshunk

cschmid said:
Ahh com on Marc calling some one a chicken is like being in high school...
It is, but it was the only reason I could come up with. I favor eliminating barriers to effective communication, so it was the right word. I could have said scared, but chicken was much more descriptive with regard to the general thought I wanted to get across.

76nemo

mdshunk said:
It is, but it was the only reason I could come up with. I favor eliminating barriers to effective communication, so it was the right word. I could have said scared, but chicken was much more descriptive with regard to the general thought I wanted to get across.

"Sorry I hit you upside your head honey, but I got my point across, didn't I?":roll:

ramsy

Roger Ruhle dba NoFixNoPay
Occupation
Service Electrician 2020 NEC
mdshunk said:
..climb up that there ladder and take that refractor down for the wuss so he can do his job.

Would I still be a wuss if put one of these on my shoulders and did it with four hands?

helpers.jpg

mdshunk said:
..I favor eliminating barriers to effective communication, ..chicken was much more descriptive

OK Marc, I see myself fired in 5 minutes working for you, if not making me look bad on the same crew, stealling my helpers, and making me get new ones.

HawkEye_Pierce said:
Im 135lbs and I brought a 68lb moving light 20ft up an extension ladder. ..You following the 4 feet up, 1 foot out rule?

Roger that 4:1 rule. Rental shops are calling a 250lbs weight limit on the heaviest extension ladders. Looks like you and Marc have no worries; unless you join the sample group of extraordinary statistics for electricians falling off ladders.

ramsy said:
Would I still be a wuss if put one of these on my shoulders and did it with four hands?

helpers.jpg

OK Marc, I see myself fired in 5 minutes working for you, if not making me look bad on the same crew, stealling my helpers, and making me get new ones.

Roger that 4:1 rule. Rental shops are calling a 250lbs weight limit on the heaviest extension ladders. Looks like you and Marc have no worries; unless you join the sample group of extraordinary statistics for electricians falling off ladders.

Its always embarrassing when someone at the shop of a certian uhh, size trips the weight sensor in a genie lift and cant make the thing go up!!! :grin: :smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.