Why change?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ronaldrc

Although I think I might get use to this I don't see what has been accomplished.

I thought the idea was to categorize if where talking about apples shouldn't we keep the subject apples?

You have post a new topic at the top of every page this is miss leading.

If we can still talk about different subjects in the different categories you havn't done anything I no memory shouldn't be the problem ?

Just my thoughts:Ronald:)

jtb

Re: Why change?

I have an Idea....

Let us all ignore other forum groups and just all post in the NEC forum. Then everything will be the same as before, no wasted time page hopping, no pulled hairs posting to wrong forum and recieving no answers. Just more goofy little faces to use. If this sounds good to you, just do it. If it doesn't, go to your favorite group and have a ball, I might visit for specialty questions. If this is a good solution, spread the word. If not, use the "Rate this member" link to blast me ! LOL

My main worry is I don't know who is who, and that some good members will be put off and stop visiting here.

roger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrician

I came with a possitive attitude, but in a short 24 hr's I just don't think it's any better.

I also don't know if being able to rate each other is a good idea. I know I'm a jerk, but I'm allowed to think that. :D

Roger

curt swartz

Electrical Contractor - San Jose, CA
Occupation
Electrical Contractor

One thing that would be nice is for the users that decided to change to a nickname instead of their real name to sign their posts with their real name so we know who you are. I have been looking around here and don't know who most of the posters are. I feel like a stranger.

paul

I have noticed that several UBB boards are changing from the old format to this new one. I'm wondering if it's a contract they have with the programmer of the UBB itself and they changed things and so everyone had to follow. I'm not in favor of it, but alas....one can't stop progress.

electricmanscott

Memeber 207 reporting sir! Roger I agreee you are a jerk! ;) But you know your stuff so it all works out. Five stars for #79! Seriously I think this will be a great board with lots of features once we figure it out. But what do I know, I'm only an electrician and my wife says I type like one.

[ February 22, 2003, 09:00 AM: Message edited by: electricmanscott ]

roger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrician

OK Ronald and Scott, I guess others are allowed to think I'm a jerk too. :eek:

Roger

Ed MacLaren

We are not required to be anonymous. You can use your real name as your "user name". I did.

What I miss is your occupation. I like to know the "qualifications" of the person that I'm having a technical discussion with.
But, I suppose we will soon get to know which people know what they are talking about, and which ones don't.

I like the categories, as I personally am more interested in the technical and theory subjects, as opposed to the NEC.

I find endless arguments about the interpretation of a code rule deadly. And my "pet peeve" is long passages from the code pasted into a post. Let 'em go get a code book if they are serious. :)

Up with Education,

Ed

[ February 22, 2003, 09:20 AM: Message edited by: Ed MacLaren ]

jxofaltrds

Inspector Mike®
Occupation
ESI, PI, RBO

Ed

I agree let them read the section.

Usually we have read the section and are just asking for an interpretation of that section.

Remember this is free.

The information that I get from this forum is worth any perceived inconvience.

Mike P.

iwire

Staff member

Originally posted by Ed MacLaren:
I find endless arguments about the interpretation of a code rule deadly. And my "pet peeve" is long passages from the code pasted into a post. Let 'em go get a code book if they are serious. :)
This seems like the opposite of the following.

Originally posted by Ed MacLaren:

Up with Education,

Easy answer if it bores you do not read it, some of us still need to learn interpretation.
Bob

jgriffin

Tom,....listing their occupation next to their user name's a good idea, It helps when you want to respond to the post. I Also noticed we all went from Junior members to Members overnight. (Huh?).....I think this is a GOOD website with alot of useful information and skilled individuals willing to help on the forums. I've recommended it to other electricians. Hoping it stays that way. Joe.

bill addiss

Joe,

The Junior Member/Member Title is just a default setting with the software. Typically it is set at 10-15 posts (by default) before status is changed. You must be good! :)

Bill

al hildenbrand

Occupation
Electrical Contractor, Electrical Consultant, Electrical Engineer

I struggled with the Login Name for a bit and gave up and started over. I'll bet my lable of "junior" will take a bit of work to move beyond. I like Curt's notion of using real names.

Status
Not open for further replies.