Why is my inspector rejecting UL and NEC listed equipment?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carultch

I have purchased an ringless metered RV Pedestal manufactured by General Electric. They are self contained pre-wired earth mounted pedestals that have a streamlined and inconspicuous appearance.
They are UL and NEC listed, however the inspector is citing a 9" isolated section of the self contained unit as a raceway and rejecting the UL and NEC listed equipment.
I informed him of the 2 foot limit and the fact that the unit has been approved by UL and NEC is enough to pass inspection , however he will not budge.
In addition, the inspector has cited me for not encasing USE-2 direct burial device entrance conductors in conduit.
The funny thing is, that the inspector applied the final inspection Green sticker showing meets NEC code on April 13, then asked for additional payment for having his boss accompany him, which I told him where to find that money, and then 5 days later he sends out a long list of objections that should have been noted way back in November.
How do you handle a corrupt inspector ? :?

If a product is listed, it doesn't automatically mean it is approved.

The Authority Having Jurisdiction has the authority to approve or reject any and all equipment you use. Usually the approval is based on a product listing, and most often, there is seldom a reason for an AHJ to reject a listed piece of equipment installed per manufacturer's requirements.

sparkyrick

I have purchased an ringless metered RV Pedestal manufactured by General Electric. They are self contained pre-wired earth mounted pedestals that have a streamlined and inconspicuous appearance.
They are UL and NEC listed, however the inspector is citing a 9" isolated section of the self contained unit as a raceway and rejecting the UL and NEC listed equipment.
I informed him of the 2 foot limit and the fact that the unit has been approved by UL and NEC is enough to pass inspection , however he will not budge.
In addition, the inspector has cited me for not encasing USE-2 direct burial device entrance conductors in conduit.
The funny thing is, that the inspector applied the final inspection Green sticker showing meets NEC code on April 13, then asked for additional payment for having his boss accompany him, which I told him where to find that money, and then 5 days later he sends out a long list of objections that should have been noted way back in November.
How do you handle a corrupt inspector ? :?

Go above his head to your State Inspections Department.

Status
Not open for further replies.