Why people change jobs in same industry?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wyrepullr

somejobs you love

somejobs you love

I worked for a small co for about 8 yrs, even talked to the owner about taking over/buy out as he was considering retiring soon.I really liked the job,wasnt making as much as i could, but had stability and owner treated me fairly. Unfourtunately i was a victim of the slow down in construction, and he had to let me go. Now i have a job making more than i ever have, doing less work , and i hate it. the quality of jobs is not there, and the owner is a businessman not a tradesman. he thinks everything is easy and should take 20 mins.He'snever crawled in an attic or bent a piece of pipe, or tried bend 500's on a terminal block in january. i love working with my hands, at the end of each day I can see what I accomplished. And i dont have to worry about the mountain of finger pointing emails. if the lights work you know whether or not i did my job!

kwired

Electron manager
That was misery for sure, wasn't it?

Mostly for my helper. I was crouched down in front of the pump panel, he was standing between me and the leaking pipe. I got just a little mist on me he got the direct spray. It was only for a second or two as I realized what was happening and shut the pump off immediately. He was not soaked but did not need to be soaked for it to be disgusting.

jmellc

Occupation
Facility Maintenance Tech. Licensed Electrician
I worked for a small co for about 8 yrs, even talked to the owner about taking over/buy out as he was considering retiring soon.I really liked the job,wasnt making as much as i could, but had stability and owner treated me fairly. Unfourtunately i was a victim of the slow down in construction, and he had to let me go. Now i have a job making more than i ever have, doing less work , and i hate it. the quality of jobs is not there, and the owner is a businessman not a tradesman. he thinks everything is easy and should take 20 mins.He'snever crawled in an attic or bent a piece of pipe, or tried bend 500's on a terminal block in january. i love working with my hands, at the end of each day I can see what I accomplished. And i dont have to worry about the mountain of finger pointing emails. if the lights work you know whether or not i did my job!

Has he been out of the field a long time & forgotten the ropes? I've seen a lot more "owner ignorance" or "manager ignorance" in large companies where someone is put in charge of an area where he has not worked before, or the co. grows to include functions the owner did not do before.

At least you are making a living & not wearing out your body doing it. Stay with it while keeping 1 eye open for other opportunities. Maybe this guy will get tired of the business & offer to sell it to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.