why/why not

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mulrooney

I am new to this site and really enjoy it. But i am wondering why some of my reply's to posts are displayed instantly and others have to be reviewed before showing up?

iwire

Staff member
I am new to this site and really enjoy it. But i am wondering why some of my reply's to posts are displayed instantly and others have to be reviewed before showing up?

The first few posts of new members are subject to manual approving by one of the moderators.

That is why you almost never see spam here. :)

infinity

Staff member
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
Yup, the spam is usually only visible to us so it gets deleted before it ever hits the open forum. Who needs $20 Nike sneakers anyway. :roll:

LarryFine

Master Electrician Electric Contractor Richmond VA
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
Yes, Iwire and the other moderators do an excellent job keeping the spam out.:)

spam.gif
[​

charlie b

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Engineer
I was confused when I first read this question. You had joined in 2007 and your post count is a 25. So I would have thought you were well past the requirement for having your initial posts verified by a moderator, before they appear on the open forum. But I see that you only started to post comments a couple days ago. So yes, your first few would have had to be reviewed and approved, before they made it out in the open.

I can't say "welcome to the forum" this late in the game (and I'm not going to go back to your first few posts to find out if I already said that ;) ), but welcome to active participation in the forum. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.