Wifi extender

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buck Parrish

I'm building a shop / garage about 75 yards from my fiber-optic wifi. Has any body got experience sending the signal that far wirelessly. It's about 75 yards to the shop.

tortuga

Code Historian
Occupation
Electrical Design
If it were my shop I'd want to do a trench and run a PVC for power and comms as well as water etc. I'd then pull in at least one cat6, probably direct burial rated.

Buck Parrish

If it were my shop I'd want to do a trench and run a PVC for power and comms as well as water etc. I'd then pull in at least one cat6, probably direct burial rated.
I am, but my power water and sewer is near the shop at the other direction from the wifi

4x4dually

Occupation
Electrical Engineer/ Ex-Electrician
Honestly, I'd bury some CAT6 and do a wire bridge over to the shop and then go back to wireless. That's what I plan on doing once we get the new house underway in the future.

brantmacga

Señor Member
Occupation
Former Child
like Texie said, a UniFi bridge is the way to go here. $500 for the parts.

You could lay some Cat6 in the ground and install an AP in the shop, but you wouldn't save any money.

I had my LV guy install one on a project a few weeks ago to link a detached pool house. Its about 130 yds away, head of pine trees between the house & pool house and it works great.

texie

Occupation
Electrician, Contractor, Inspector
The down side to running a UG ethernet in addition to the trenching is that it has to be rated cable plus to be compliant you also need lightning protection at each end.

Dsg319

Occupation
Wv Master “lectrician”

Status
Not open for further replies.