wire cost

Status
Not open for further replies.

teco

Not to get off subject but I'm noticing in Ma a lot of companies are hiring the subs on their own now and being the GC themselves. Speaking only for myself, I much prefer that. I should point out that I almost always work directly for the companies. When I can show them a considerable increase in copper from my bid date they are usually agreeable.

sparky=t

Not to get off subject but I'm noticing in Ma a lot of companies are hiring the subs on their own now and being the GC themselves. Speaking only for myself, I much prefer that. I should point out that I almost always work directly for the companies. When I can show them a considerable increase in copper from my bid date they are usually agreeable.

you could more than likely put another 5% on your price and still save them money compared to them using a G.C. !

Tiger Electrical

Include a requirement for a deposit due upon signing that's large enough for you to purchase the copper right away.

and have a short acceptance period. I use 10 days. If the customer wants to sign the contract in 20-60 days and copper prices have tripled I have a way out of the contract. If anyone doesn't understand I explain that wire is like lobster. I get a price for the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.